In the age of internet, what can be more convenient than an online transaction? Either for purchasing or for money transfer, internet banking makes it easy million times. The days of carrying money with you are going to be abolished forever. But, while online transaction, you have to keep some tips in mind otherwise, your entire balance in the bank may go under the pocket of the hackers.
What is the general process of the online transaction?
When you are about to transact money to other account or you want to purchase something, a link of your respective bank appears on the page. There, you have to fill up the personalised banking details as well as the passcode for the transaction of the particular amount. The danger might be hidden anywhere on the web if you are not aware of it.
While paying bills for shopping, stop payment, transfer funds and all, you have to be careful in some sections. They are-
When an internet connection is a must for an online transaction, the frauds remain hidden on the internet. When you enter ID and passcode, you may go under the track of frauds. How can you then be able to prevent fraudulent access?
Yes, you can!
You need to be careful to the following factors-
1. You should be cautious while using the public Wi-Fi network. The dubious Wi-Fi network access increases the risk of malicious activities. If you find any network, not password protected, you should not access it unless you know it is 100% safe.
2. It is always suggested that Wi-Fi networks open for the public should not use for the online transaction. Even, they can copy the data of your system which may inform them about the secret of your online transaction.
3. Always use the debit and credit cards of the bank which has OTP or one-time password system, or 3D PIN security which is applicable to all transactions.
4. You should also use security protocols. You will find Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) that assures user protection and transaction security. This secured website starts with ‘https” with the green symbol instead of starting with “HTTP” or “www”.
5. Use of firewalls and anti-virus protection: Most of the good antivirus in their updated formats always protects fraudulent transactions and prevents copying the data to fraudulent pages by the internet hackers.
6. Avoid common password using for multiple transactions. Most people use a single password for different accounts so that they do not forget it. This is more dangerous than anything else. If someone cracks a password, he gets access to the other accounts. All your accounts go under their track!
7. Be careful to public computers. If you use the public computer, it can be the trap of an internet hacker. When you accessed, a copy of your ID and password remains hidden to it. After your leave, the hacker can easily access all your account details and can make you pauper!
Therefore if you want to keep your account safe and secure, you need to follow the above rules. Then you can remain safe from fraudulent access to your account. Follow my best lifehack blogs to learn more tricks to lead a safe and healthy living.